Tornado by the side of the stage!

Once in a dance club many years ago, I heard the DJ announce over the music, "Tornado on the dance floor! Tornado on the dance floor!" He was referring to a fight that broke out in the middle of the dancing crowd. The bouncers came to break up the fight and lead the people involved away.

Tonight I performed inside a neighbourhood mall, Loyang Point, in Pasir Ris town. Just as I was about to do the grande finale, there was a buzz in the audience. Someone in the audience shouted something about a fight and gestured to the shops at the side of the stage.

I had to pause the show.

Everyone's attention turned to an electronic game shop. We saw three big men walk out of the shop. One of them seemed to be angry. A short while later, another man came out of the shop (maybe he was the shop owner) brandishing a desk lamp or something similar. He seemed to have been punched in the eye. The mall security guard came along and took over the situation.

Some people in the audience appeared to be unsettled. Both the emcee and I assured everyone to stay calm.

A short while later when things were calmer, I resumed the show and finished the finale as usual.

As I was packing up behind the stage, a team of Singapore Civil Defence Force personnel arrived to render first aid to the victim. They even brought a stretcher. I hope he would be all right.


.

Comments

Popular Posts